Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cousins

I enjoyed a visit with my cousin, Bev, last weekend. The neat thing about us is that we are both the same age (well, actually she is older than I am by 5 months), we both had 3 daughters, she grew up in Indiana and I grew up in Wisconsin, but we both live in Oklahoma. Who would have ever thought!

Early Saturday morning, we began a busy day. First, we went to one of my grandson's basketball tournaments. Then, it was off to the hospital where I visited briefly with an international student. Next, we went to the BCM for a Friendship Family meeting to hear some missionaries to India speak (which I thought started at 9:30 AM, but apparently not, because we were late). After that, it was lunch at Atlanta Bread, then home to let the puppy out for a few minutes, then off to the Mall. We got home with only a little time to spare before we met with our daughter, Melissa, and son, Chance, to go to dinner together. Whew!! What a day. Fun and enjoyable! Bev had to leave early Sunday morning, but not before she reminded us that it had been 4 1/2 years since we had been to her home in eastern Oklahoma! How could it had been that long!! It seemed impossible. We really need to take "a little piece of time" to go and see her soon.

1 comment: